Easter M&M Brookie Bites are your favorite chocolate chip cookie and brownie in one. These cupcake Brookies are perfect for your Easter entertaining needs. For a simple Easter feast, or gift to your co-workers or daycare kids.
These brookies are so simple to make, and the pastel candies on top, add extra fun! So don’t wait and try these decadent bite size Brookies!
These Easter M&M Brookie Bites Are…
- A homemade chocolate chip cookie dough
- Boxed brownie mix
- Easy to make
- Great for parties and events
- Freezer Friendly
- Kid approved
- Boxed Brownie Mix + Ingredients On Box
- Granulated and Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Easter M&M’s
How To Make Brookie Bites
Full directions with steps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through on how to make these brookies.
The first step is working on the cookie dough batter. Work on the cookie batter and once it is assembled and then fold in the M&M’s.
The you will mix up the brownie batter, and then pour it into each of the muffin tins. Make sure to not overfill with brownie batter as you will add your M&M cookie dough on top.
Then you will add a scoop of the cookie batter on top of the brownie mixture. Then bake as directed.
Remove and allow the brookie cups to cool a bit, then serve and enjoy.
You will want to store your Brookie cups in an airtight container at room temperature. These cookie brownie bites will store for 4-7 days. They will of course dry out as the days pass.
Now, you can also freeze these Brookies. Just place in a freezer bag or container once fully cooled. Then freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw on the counter when you want to eat them. Or you can defrost in the microwave if you want.
Tips For Making These Easter Bites
- Make sure to not overmix the cookie batter. It can affect the texture of the cookies.
- Also make sure that you measure the flour and other ingredients properly. Or you will get an off texture.
- The brookies are done when you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean of wet cookie or brownie batter.
- Allow the cups to fully cool before you put in a container to store. Or it will create condensation in container and spoil the cups.
Can I Make These Without Cupcake Liners?
You can make these without the cupcake liners, but you will need to grease the cupcake tin well. Or it will run the risk of not getting the Brookies out easily.
Does This Recipe Double?
Yes, you can double this recipe if you would like. Just batch cook your brownie cookie bites! This recipe works great doubled. Great for small gatherings or bigger groups.
Craving More Easter Goodies
Cookie Layer Ingredients:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups Easter M&Ms
Brownie Layer Ingredients:
- Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
Cookie Dough Instructions:
- Microwave the butter for about 30-50 seconds. The butter should be totally melted but not hot.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix butter with both types of sugar with a hand mixer on high until well combined. Mix in vanilla and egg on medium until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low until just combined. Dough should be soft but not TOO sticky. Stir in M&Ms with a spoon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all brownie ingredients with a spoon until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake wrappers in tin and fill each 1/3 of the way full with brownie batter.
- Add one cookie scoop of cookie dough on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cookie dough is puffy on top.
- The cookie dough might look slightly under-baked, but if you bake to too much, the cookie layer will not stay soft. If desired.
- Press in a few extra M&Ms into the top of each brookie. Cool completely before removing from tin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g