My children love these healthy Egg Bites for Kids! They only have a few ingredients, so they’re so quick to throw together on a Sunday for a busy week ahead! I really like keeping them in the freezer and heating up a few on school days.
How to Make Egg Bites for Kids
I have step by step instructions below for you to follow, and I include photos of each step. I know some people like that! Alternately, if you would prefer to scroll down to the recipe card, you can do that, too!
It is important to note that if your kids don’t like spinach or ham, it is just fine to substitute an alternate ingredient. For example, you could substitute bacon for the ham or substitute diced green peppers for the spinach.
Spray a mini muffin pan thoroughly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350º F. Whisk together eggs and milk in a medium mixing bowl.
The next step in making Egg Bites for Kids is to combine the spinach, diced ham, and cheese in the mixing bowl and whisk together.
With a cookie scoop, add the egg mixture to the mini muffin tin. This is the last step before baking the egg bites.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until all of the egg bites are puffy and spring back when pressed gently on the surface. Note, the eggs will be puffy when you take them out of the oven, but will deflate. This is normal and expected!
Don’t they look delicious?! I can’t wait for you to try them! Even though they are a kids recipe because of the size, my husband and I love popping a couple for a quick, healthy snack, too!
How should I reheat Egg Bites?
The easiest way to reheat Egg Bites for Kids is to pop them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. The reheat time will depend on whether or not your egg bites have been refrigerated or frozen and the strength of your microwave.
How do you make Egg Bites for Kids not stick?
It’s important to remember to use LOTS of baking spray before spooning the batter into the mini muffin tin! If you forget this very crucial step, they will indeed stick!
What kind of muffin tin do I use?
I really like this silicone muffin tin. It makes the Mini Egg Bites pop right out SO easily!!
More Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- Everyone will love these Animal Faces Breakfast Ideas for Kids. There are photos which show you how to make a bear, monkey, and a pig all out of breakfast foods!
- My kids really love this Healthy Banana Split Recipe! It’s totally a fun way to have them eat their morning yogurt and fruit! (And the sprinkles make it fun, of course!)
- These Healthy Chunky Monkey Muffins are still healthy, but loaded with banana and chocolate flavor!
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup ham, diced
- 1 cup raw spinach, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Spray mini muffin pan thoroughly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Whisk together eggs and milk.
3. Add spinach, ham, and grated cheese. Whisk together.
4. Pour evenly into greased mini muffin pan. Bake 350 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Let cool for at least five minutes before eating.
Eggs will puff up while baking and then deflate after cooling. This is normal and expected!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g