In case you missed it one of the great new Features of the NEW Passion For Savings Website is the Saving Money Blog with great Tips, Recipes and Money Saving Ideas.
There is also a How To Coupon Page for Beginners and a section just for my online videos!
Another great feature that has been updated is the Printable Downloads Page! I have a complete set of New Printable Downloads for you including an Updated Stockpiling Price Sheet and a New Menu Plan Worksheet!
One of the first steps in saving money (Even before you start using coupons) Is to create a Weekly Menu Plan. I really believe that this is one of the basics that can change your life and the way you shop. I thought it would be fun in light of the new Menu Plan Sheet to share my steps for creating a Menu Plan for my family each week!
- Start by Downloading & Printing the Menu Plan Worksheet (YES I come to this page Every Single Week to print my menu plan, lol.)
- On the Back I jot down a list of any Meets I have in my Freezer, Chicken, Beef, Steak, Fish, Etc.
- Think through what you have going on that week, If you have a Soccer Practice One night and you need a Crock Pot Meal that’s easy or you know you’ll have Friends over one night Plan those Meals First!
- Create Meals around what you already have on hand!
- If you need to buy an item for your menu plan, see if you can use it again. So if you’re buying Lettuce for Hamburgers, see if you can use the rest of the lettuce for Tacos or Taco Salads.
- Don’t forget to add in Snacks, Breakfasts and any treats you need to bake and take somewhere. It’s important that your menu plan lists EVERYTHING you plan to eat that week.
Once you have created a Menu Plan based on what you have on hand you can start to build your shopping list with the remaining items you need to purchase. This is one of the best strategies for saving money and a great way to keep yourself organized and accountable so that you don’t buy more than you need.
Don’t forget to check out the How To Coupon Page and the online video classes!
Idea you can print this menu then laminate it and use over and over,saving even more money :)