I love a no-bake pie recipe and this KitKat Chocolate Pie is fantastic and oh-so-easy, too. The smooth chocolate mousse contrasts nicely with the lightly crunchy wafer pieces throughout. That’s right, KitKat pieces are throughout the pie, too– not just scattered on top! Pies like this one are great because I can keep a few extra boxes of necessary ingredients in my pantry. So, if we have unexpected company, I can always whip up something like this at the last minute.
How to Make KitKat Chocolate Pie
No-bake dessert recipes like these are SO easy! Sometimes my kiddos like to help, too. It’s easy for any age to whip up because there are only a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients for KitKat Chocolate Pie
- Kit Kat candy bars, chopped – Substitute any type of candy bars, if you like!
- Instant chocolate pudding mix powder – Be sure to make the pie filling according to the instructions in the recipe, not what’s on the box of pudding.
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Premade graham cracker pie crust – Of course, you could make your own 9″ pie crust, if you prefer! I really like to use the graham crust because it compliments the KitKat wafer so well. However, you absolutely could use a chocolate cookie crust, if you prefer.
Instructions for KitKat Chocolate Pie
First, chop up three of the Kit Kat candy bars and set aside. Next, combine pudding and half and half in a medium mixing bowl and whisk for two minutes. When you’re making the pudding, be sure to make it according to the recipe. Do not follow the directions on the pudding mix box. After that, gently fold in the Cool Whip topping.
Then, stir in the coarsely chopped Kit Kat bars.
Spoon the chocolate pie filling into the crust.
Chop the remaining Kit Kat candy bars and sprinkle over the top of the pie.
Freeze for at least an hour before serving. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Wasn’t that easy?! I promise it has such a great taste, too! I know it’s so simple, but I truly had never thought about combining our favorite KitKat candy bar with a no-bake pie. So good!
What is in the middle of a Kit Kat?
Get ready, because this is going to blow your mind. (You can double-check if you don’t believe me. Ha!) The middle of a Kit-Kat isn’t a wafer as many of us probably thought, but shaped, crushed Kit-Kats which were otherwise unsellable. Pretty genius, right?
More No-Bake Dessert Ideas
No-Bake Milano Cake – Made with everyone’s favorite Milano cookies!
A HUGE List of No-Bake Dessert Ideas – Over 20 different ideas for you to whip up!
No-Bake Twix Pie – Another delicious and easy pie recipe!
- 6 1.5 oz. Kit Kat candy bars, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 5.85 oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix powder
- 1 8 oz. container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 9 inch premade graham cracker pie crust
- First, chop up the Kit Kat candy bars and set aside.
- Next, combine pudding and half and half in a medium mixing bowl and whisk intensely for two minutes.
- After that, gently fold in the Cool Whip topping.
- Then, stir in half of the coarsely chopped Kit Kat bars.
- Spoon the chocolate pie filling into the crust and smooth the top so it's even.
- Sprinkle the remaining Kit Kat candy bars over the top of the pie.
- Optional: Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top.
- Freeze for at least an hour before serving. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g