Lemon Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Can we just agree this season just asks for a delicious and easy no fuss recipe that’s also incredibly refreshing? My favorite thing about making ice creams at home is that you just need a couple of things and then you can pretty much add anything that’s sitting in the back of your fridge. With leftovers is how this Lemon Pie Ice Cream was made and oh my gosh, it’s totally worth it!
So I had a couple of lemons sitting sadly, and while lemonade is delicious I was just not craving it, I needed something way more refreshing. I also had some graham crackers that no one at home seemed to want. So graham crackers + lemons + cravings for something sweet and refreshing? Ice cream it is.
If you haven’t made ice cream before, fear not because it’s one of those things that seems more complicated than it actually is. Once you get the hang of it you’ll find yourself making ice cream again and again (plus you can find all the ingredients using coupons cha-ching!)
I like to use my ice cream maker to make them but I once tried the plastic bag hack and it was pretty good as well! So if you don’t have an ice cream maker then you can totally use that method to make homemade ice cream in no time.
For me, the secret to making this Lemon Pie Ice Cream so creamy is using a mix of heavy cream and milk and one tablespoon of butter. They really make this ice cream taste way better than the one you buy at the supermarket. Best of all? If you don’t have lemons or graham crackers you can swap them out and have some vanilla ice cream instead.
Click on this printable version below to print out this recipe and save it for the future!Print
The best thing about hot weather? Making Lemon Pie Ice Cream! Not only is a delicious way to use leftovers but is also a crowd favorite
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ Cup crushed graham crackers
- Place the ice cream maker bowl in the fridge.
- Place in a medium bowl the milk with half the sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the vanilla extract, heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and half the butter. Mix for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker bowl and churn following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Optional: mix the crackers with the remaining butter and sugar and bake at 350F for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the crackers into the ice cream mixture 10 minutes before is done.
- When the ice cream is halfway through, mix in the toasted cracker crumbs.
- Serve and enjoy.
Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest, You can also click on the image below to pin it to your Pinterest boards!