Serve up these cute and tasty Mini Valentine Dessert Pizzas! A heart shaped sugar cookie that is topped with a cream cheese spread, raspberries, strawberries and a drizzle of Nutella. A must make easy Valentine’s Day treat that anyone would love!
These dessert pizzas are so cute, and if you have kids let them help decorate their heart pizzas! It is a lot of fun, delicious, and these are a cute dessert for after dinner, play dates, and more.
This Mini Dessert Pizza Recipe Is…
- Quick and Easy
- Cute and Fun
- Great for Kids To Help With
- Made with Pre-made Sugar Cookie Dough
Ingredients and Variations
Sugar Cookie Dough – I used a sugar cookie dough, but you could use any flavor of cookie. If you did a chocolate chip cookie you would have to shape cookies once baked, as they will not stay formed the way a sugar cookie does.
Nutella – I used Nutella to drizzle on top but you could swap with melted chocolate, peanut butter, etc. The options are truly endless.
Cream Cheese – I used cream cheese as the frosting for this. You could easily swap with whipped cream, frosting, etc. I found the cream cheese added a nice tangy component to help balance the sweet.
Fruit – Raspberries and strawberries were what I used. This is optional but it does add a fun look and who doesn’t love strawberries and raspberries with chocolate or Nutella?
Tips For Making Cookie Pizzas
- Any shape works, I wanted to do a simple heart but feel free to use any style of cookie cutters you have.
- Use softened cream cheese or whipped cream cheese so you can get a nice smooth spread.
- You can pour the Nutella or chocolate in a Ziploc bag and cut tip off to drizzle. Or use a piping bag to get those fun drizzle lines on the cookies.
How to Store The Dessert Pizzas
You can store these pizzas in an airtight container for 2-3 days, in the fridge. The fruit will begin to leak juice as it sits, so these are best eaten within the first day of being made.
How to Make These Dessert Pizzas With Chocolate Chip Cookies
What I would recommend is making a cookie bar in a 9×13 pan. Then use a cookie cutter to create the heart shape once they are done being cooked and have cooled.
Place parchment or foil in the pan so that when you go to remove the cookies they lift right out.
Can You Freeze These Pizzas
Yes, you can freeze these cookie pizzas. Just leave off the strawberries or raspberries. The fruit will soften a lot once frozen and thawed. I would leave it off and then add it on once thawed from the freezer.
More Valentine’s Day Ideas
- 1 package Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 15.5 oz package Strawberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray and gently press out cookie dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to turn golden and the middle is cooked through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut out hearts with a cookie cutter, cutting close together so as not to waste the dessert pizza crust.
- Make sure the heart cookie crust pieces are completely cool before decorating. Spoon cream cheese into a pastry bag, and pipe in a heart shape on each cookie crust.
- Decorate with strawberries and raspberries. Spoon Nutella into a pastry bag and drizzle over the mini dessert pizzas.
- Enjoy immediately! If you are making these ahead of time, I would wait until right before eating to decorate them, as the cream cheese could make the cookie crust soggy over time when stored.
Alternate idea: You could also frost the dessert pizzas with Nutella and pipe on the cream cheese drizzle, if you have chocolate lovers at your house!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g