Check out these super easy and delicious Patriotic Flag Waffles! They are great for a memorial day or 4th of July dessert or breakfast treat. A frozen waffle that is topped with whipped topping, and fresh fruit.
Why Make Patriotic Flag Waffles
- Fun breakfast for kids
- Great way to incorporate fruit into diet
- Great way to use up freezer waffles
- Toppings are endless for this breakfast option
- Fun brunch idea
Can I Use Homemade Waffles Instead of Frozen
Absolutely! If you want to go an extra step, reach for your favorite homemade waffle. Use that and then top with fresh fruit and whipped cream. Now, you could even add food coloring to your waffle to give it a red, white, and blue look. If you want to have colored waffles.
What Fruit To Use For Waffle Toppings
So for this waffle, I wanted red, white, and blue-colored food. you can find a handful of fruit you can use to give you that patriotic color you want. Here are a few ideas below.
- Purple Grapes
Feel free to use what you would like, or do a mix. This is a fun one that you can let your kids decorate their own waffles if you want. Just toast up the waffles, and have all the fixings out for them to do themselves.
Best Toaster Waffles
Honestly, you can go for a Kashi protein waffle or a classic Eggo waffle. You truly are in control. To be honest, I love all waffles so this one was a tricky one to decide what was the best tasting!
They all were so incredible and the whipped cream was so tasty.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
Not sure how to make homemade whipped cream? Let me share how easy it is to make. You are more than welcome to reach for cool whip in a tub or make your own.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
With a stand mixer, you will whip the 3 ingredients on high for 3-4 minutes or so until it creates that perfect fluffy and thick whipped cream. You can add a bit more powdered sugar to adjust the sweetness as you would like.
Interested In More Breakfast Recipes
- 1 Frozen Waffle (any brand)
- ½ cup Cool Whip
- Toast waffle and top with Cool Whip.
- Add blueberries in the top left corner to create the blue corner of the flag. Place raspberries along both the top and bottom edges of the waffle.
- Place additional raspberries in rows from top to bottom of the waffle to create the red stripes of the flag.
- The number of blueberries and raspberries you will use will depend on the size of your premade waffle and the size of the berries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g