Football season is upon us, and I’m always excited to try out new recipes, like these Rotel Cream Cheese Sausage Bites. With only five ingredients and an easily adjustable amount of spice, it’s the perfect appetizer for all your gatherings and parties!
How to Make Rotel Cream Cheese Sausage Bites
These are so easy to make! I can’t wait for you to try them!
Ingredients for Rotel Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- Sausage – You’ll be using uncooked sausage in this recipe.
- Cream cheese – This mixes together with all the ingredients much easier if the cream cheese is softened first.
- Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained – You can use the regular or mild depending on your taste.
- Bisquick –
- Mexican cheese blend, shredded – If you prefer another type of cheese, you could absolutely use a different kind. But, I think the Mexican style cheese pairs really well with the Rotel.
Instructions for Rotel Cream Cheese Sausage Bites
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Next, place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Thoroughly combine with a hand mixer or large spoon. Mix until well combined.
Scoop sausage mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown
Note: Before baking, the sausage bites will indeed be sticky, so no need to add more Bisquick! It worked well for me to portion them out using a mini cookie scoop and then roll them into spheres after.
I can’t wait for you to try these and let us know what you think!!
More Delicious Game Day Appetizer Recipes!
- How to Make Taco Cups – Healthy and low-carb, too!
- Firecracker Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- White Pizza Dip – Because no game day appetizer spread is complete without a hot dip!
- 1 lb sausage, uncooked
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (or mild)
- 1½ cups Bisquick
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine with a hand mixer or large spoon. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop sausage mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom
Sausage bites may be frozen uncooked so you can bake them fresh right before an event. If you are doing this, be sure to add 3-5 minutes to the estimated baking time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g