These Rudolph Cupcakes are the cutest holiday dessert ever! You’ll love how easy they are to put together. You could easily make these for a festive gathering. Or, you could turn these cupcakes into a fun family activity and let your kiddos make the reindeer themselves! My kids had a blast pressing on the pretzels and gluing on the reindeer noses with chocolate frosting.
How to Make Rudolph Cupcakes
These reindeer cupcakes are so simple to put together. The top is only five ingredients!
Ingredients for Reindeer Cupcakes
- Box cake mix and ingredients called for such as eggs, vegetable oil, and water
- Mini Pretzels
- Nilla Wafers
- Edible Eyes
- Red M&M’s
- Chocolate Icing
First, mix together the cupcake batter using the cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, mix on low for 30 seconds. Next, beat on medium high for two minutes.
Next, fill the muffin tin. I wanted large Rudolph Cupcakes, so I filled them pretty full! Bake at 350 for about 22 minutes or until the top of the cupcake springs back.
Frost the Rudolph Cupcakes with a thin layer of chocolate icing. (You can make it from scratch or use a premade icing.)
Gently place the Nilla Wafer and pretzels on top of the cupcake. You won’t need any extra frosting. Just press them on gently and they’ll stay!
Lastly, add the eyes by gently pressing them onto the frosting. The M&M nose can be glued on with a small dot of frosting. Now your Rudolph Cupcakes are done! Aren’t they cute?! I can’t wait for you to make some of your own this holiday season!
How long can I store Rudolph Cupcakes in the fridge?
I would eat them on the same day you decorate them, or the day after. Even if you store them covered, the pretzels and the vanilla cookie will become stale. This is due to them touching the frosting, which has moisture in it. So, these are best consumed either the day of or the day after assembly!
More Festive Rudolph Treats
- Rudolph Donut Holes
- Reindeer Chocolate Ding Dong Dessert
- Rudolph Oreo Pops
- Rudolph Reindeer Snack Pudding Cups
- Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 24 Nilla Wafers
- 24 Red M&Ms
- 48 Mini Pretzels
- 48 Edible Eyes
- Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 and insert cupcake wrappers into the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, water, and eggs. Mix on low with a hand mixer for 30 seconds. Turn mixer to medium and mix for two minutes. Spoon into cupcake pan. Bake for 17-22 minutes or until the top of the cupcake springs back.
- Let cool completely for 30-60 minutes and then frost cupcakes with chocolate icing.
- Place two pretzels on each cupcake as the reindeer antlers. Then, place the vanilla cookie in the middle as Rudolph's snout.
- Press on the eyes into the frosting and with a small dab of frosting, stick on the red M&M for Rudolph's nose.
- Store covered in fridge for up to 1-2 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 4gSugar: 43gProtein: 10g