This S’Mores Poke Cake really does taste like your favorite campfire dessert, but without the gooey mess! I love making this during camping season, during the summer, or to take to church events. It is such a crowd-pleaser because everyone likes graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow cream!
How to Make the S’Mores Poke Cake
S’Mores Poke Cake is so easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of fancy ingredients. I have a recipe card at the bottom of the post, but I’m also going to share some extra info and step-by-step photos with you, because I know there are some who prefer that!
Ingredients for S’mores Poke Cake
Devil’s Food Cake Mix – You could use a regular chocolate mix or make it from scratch, but I like the Devil’s Food flavor the best when I’m in a rush!
Graham Crackers – If you’d rather, you could used Golden Grahams, but I like crushing the regular graham crackers because that’s what a s’more is made out of and it really makes the S’mores Poke Cake taste like the real thing!
Marshmallow Cream – This is included in the mixture that you pour over the cake before you frost it. While there are other ingredients in this, the marshmallow cream certainly takes center stage!
Sweetened Condensed Milk – This is what makes the filling really gooey and delicious! When you combine the sweetened condensed milk with the marshmallow cream, it really seeps down into the cake through the poked holes and tastes amazing!
Chocolate Chips – The chocolate chips on top are the chocolate part of the s’more in addition to the cake! You could use chocolate chunks or even a Hershey bar that is chopped to top your S’mores Poke Cake.
S’Mores Poke Cake Step by Step Instructions
First, you’ll combine the cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl to create the batter for your S’mores Poke Cake. Mix on low for 30 seconds with a hand mixer and then on medium for two minutes. Turn into a greased 9×13 baking pan and bake for 22 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the side of the pan.
Let the cake cool for a few minutes and poke holes one inch apart with a wooden spoon. Next melt the butter for the filling in a medium mixing bowl and slowly mix in the powdered sugar, marshmallow fluff, salt and sweetened condensed milk. This is really the best part of the S’mores Poke Cake! Pour over the cake and be sure it sinks down into the holes. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
Next frost the cake with buttercream frosting. You can make it from scratch or purchase it premade, depending on how much time you have. Crunch up the graham crackers and sprinkle on top. Add the chocolate chips, and your cake is finished!
More Poke Cake Recipes
If you love this S’Mores Poke Cake, you are sure to love this Caramel Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake, this Dr. Pepper Poke Cake, or this Patriotic Poke Cake! I also have a huge list of Poke Cake Recipe Ideas that I know you will love, too! They’re some of my favorites I have found!
S'Mores Poke Cake
Chocolate, graham, and marshmallow combine to create a gooey and delicious dessert you will love!
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttercream frosting
- 1 cup crushed Golden Graham cereal or graham crackers
- 1/2 cup triple chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and greases a 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl and mix on low for 30 seconds with a hand mixer. Then, mix on medium for two minutes.
- Spoon into baking pan and bake for 18-24 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool for two minutes and poke holes with a wooden spoon handle all over the top of the cake 1 inch apart. Set aside.
- For the filling, melt butter and combine with marshmallow fluff, sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, and salt. Pour over cake, being sure it fills the holes that you poked.
- Let cake cool completely and frost with buttercream frosting. Sprinkle on crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g