This Strawberry Lemon Shortcake Parfait recipe has delicious layers of strawberries, lemon cake, vanilla pudding and whipped cream. I love Valentine’s Day recipes like this because they’re just so pretty, but they are SUPER simple to make, as well!
Another thing I love about this recipe is that you can make everything from scratch, but you certainly don’t have to! For instance, I made the lemon cake from scratch; it’s one of my favorite Starbucks copycat recipes, actually. But, you absolutely could use premade sliced lemon loaf cake slices from your local superstore bakery; this dessert would still look just as festive either way!
How to Make a Strawberry Lemon Shortcake Parfait
It’s so easy to make these valentine parfaits. All you need are a few ingredients!
Valentine Parfait Ingredients
- Lemon Cake – You can make this from scratch using this Starbucks Copycat Lemon Bread recipe, or buy premade.
- Vanilla Pudding
- Cool Whip – If you prefer, you can make your own whipped cream for this recipe.
You can choose whether you make your ingredients from scratch or not. All ingredients (except for the strawberries, of course) could be made from scratch or semi homemade, like using a Jello pudding mix for the vanilla pudding.
First, prep all your ingredients and parfait glasses. You’ll need to cut up the lemon cake into squares and cut up the strawberries into bite-sized pieces . Spoon the vanilla pudding into a disposable piping bag. Do the same for the Cool Whip.
Layer the lemon cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries and Cool Whip in that order. Repeat that so you’ll have eight layers total in each glass. Your number of layers might depend on the style and size of glass you choose, though, which is just fine! Top with more Cool Whip, a strawberry, and valentine sprinkles. Super easy and cute, right?! Serve immediately.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Let me know if you try this recipe!
More Easy Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Valentine Butter Board – A delicious strawberry cheesecake dip!
- Mini Valentine Dessert Pizzas – A fun activity for kids to make by themselves, too!
- Baked Valentine Donuts – Only two ingredients!
Is a parfait healthy?
Well, that depends, actually! There are several different kinds of parfaits. You might be thinking of a yogurt parfait. Usually yogurt parfaits are made with granola, yogurt, and fresh fruit, which of course are all healthy ingredients. This Strawberry Lemon Shortcake Parfait is not healthy and only a dessert parfait, though! Dessert parfaits can be made with sweet shortcake, sponge cake, pudding, and whipped cream with the fresh fruit.
- 1 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 14 oz. Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla pudding
- Cut up the lemon cake and strawberries. Spoon the pudding into a disposable pastry bag. Repeat with the Cool Whip in a separate pastry bag.
- Layer the ingredients in this order: lemon cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries, Cool Whip until you have filled the parfait glass.
- Add more Cool Whip, a strawberry, and valentine sprinkles on top, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g