Whip up this summer fruit board full of seasonal fruit and dips to pair with all your fruit. The beauty of this is a no-bake dessert to serve up for guests, summer cookouts, and birthday parties, and more. Learn how to make a fruit board!
Fresh fruit is always welcome in our home. Check out our fruit and yogurt meal prep idea, caramel apple fruit pizza, or even this raspberry fruit dip.
Summer Fruit Board
This is a wonderful dessert to serve up for baby showers, pool parties, and so much more. No matter what the occasion is you will love this easy fruit board.
What Type Of Tray To Use For A Fruit Board
If you are looking to make a fruit board but not sure on the tray to use, no worries. You can use almost anything! You could do something simple like a white plastic tray, a marble board, or grab a cookie sheet.
It doesn’t have to be extravagant, just use what you have! You can also find great deals on serving trays at the Dollar Tree at times!
What Fruits To Add To Fruit Tray
- Honeydew Melon
As you can see you have an endless amount of options to add fruit onto your board. Pick and choose what you have on hand or what you enjoy eating.
How To Set Up A Fruit Board
Step 1: Start by making your dips. I just put Cool Whip and Jello in one bowl. Mix well. Then the other I did Cool Whip and Nutella for a hazelnut dip.
Step 2: Now you will start by prepping all your fruit. Slice your fruit into fry shape on the watermelon and prep all other fruit. Then begin assembling your tray.
I like to place the dip bowl apart from each other. The begin to slowly shape fruit around the bowl. As you can see I started to make a fan effect on the fruit, so they connect next to the dips.
Step 3: I then sliced up peaches and put them on the ends of the tray on both ends. Then add some of the fruit around the open part of each fruit dip bowl. That way you are doing the exact same style on both ends of the board.
Step 4: Now I added strawberries and cherries. As you can see at this stage it really fills in the board. So you only have a little bit more space left.
Step 5: Blueberries and even blackberries are a great fruit to reach for to fill in the leftover space. It is small so it helps to use to fill in all the leftover slots on the board, and your fruit board is complete.
Can I Make This In Advance
You can make the dips a day in advance and just store them in the fridge covered. Then for the fruit, I find that washing and prepping some fruit is the best right before serving. You could pre-cut your watermelon and cantaloupe. As for the berries, you might find it is best to slice and serve fresh. As they break down a bit too fast.
What To Use To Garnish Fruit Tray
I bought some fresh mint and used that to garnish. It adds a nice pop of green to help make the fruit stand out even more. Plus mint will taste good next to the fruit if some of the oil gets on the fruit as it sits by it.
The Ultimate Summer Fruit Board
Serve up this summer fruit board! A colorful and easy fresh and healthy dessert that is going to offer a stunning presentation.
- 2 small containers of Cool Whip
- 1 small vanilla jello instant pudding
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- mint for garnish, if desired
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine small Cool Whip container and jello packet and mix well with a spoon.
- Spoon into a small bowl, keeping the remainder to refill the bowl when serving.
- In a different mixing bowl, combine small Cool Whop container with 3/4 cup of Nutella.
- Mix with a spoon until well combined and spoon into a small bowl for dipping. Save the remainder in the fridge until time to refill the dipping bowl on the board.
- Place bowls on the board.
- Cut watermelon into fries shapes and place them on the board as shown in photo.
- Cut up the rest of the fruit as shown and place it in order on the board.
- Tip: the blueberries are excellent for filling in spaces all over the board, so add that fruit last. Garnish with sprigs of mint, if desired.
- Once fruit board is assembled serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g