Here is a fun and tasty watermelon cupcake, that uses real watermelon, cool whip, and sprinkles to make a fruit cupcake. This is a healthy and delicious dessert you can serve up anyone for a fun treat.
If you want to give a twist dessert at a summer cookout or even a birthday party. Whatever the case may be this watermelon cupcake recipe is so simple, tasty and the perfect treat to serve up!
How to Pick A Ripe Watermelon
Are you looking for tips on how to make ripe watermelon! So, here are a few tips that you might consider when you go to picking watermelon.
- Dents or Imperfections – The first thing to look at is the shape of the watermelon. The biggest thing to do is make sure that your watermelon does not have any dents or irregular areas.
- Field Spot – One thing to look at is the field spot. Look at one end of the watermelon and see there is a yellow spot. This means the watermelon sat in the filed and fully ripened. Where if it is picked early,
- Weight – Now you will need to pick up the watermelon up and feel the weight. A heavy watermelon is key. You want to have a heavy watermelon for the size it is.
Can I Make These In Advance
You can make these cupcakes in advance in term of cutting the watermelon. But you will want to not put the whipped topping on top until right before serving. The reason being is the whipped cream will melt down.
It won’t hold up whether you use homemade whipped cream or tub whipped cream. So top the sliced watermelons with whipped cream and add on a cherry and sprinkles.
Storing Watermelon Cupcakes
If you cut up your watermelon in advance, make sure to store it in an airtight container. You don’t want to leave your watermelon uncovered, it will dry out the fruit.
You can add on different toppings. add ice cream on top instead of whipped cream, etc.
Tips for Cutting Your Watermelon
You want to work on cutting off the rind of the watermelon. Use a large sharp knife, and shave off the outside of the watermelon. Then you will slice the watermelon in half.
Then use a cookie cutter or knife to cut and shape your watermelon from. They don’t have to be perfect, but you can easily shape to fit what you want.
More Watermelon Inspiration
- Tup Whip Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
- Cut watermelon into cupcake shapes with a knife
- . Place into cupcake wrappers.
- We chose green, so it would look like the watermelon rind!
- Add whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry on top!