I love a good butter board, and this Bagel Butter Board with Cream Cheese is a fun take on the new trend! It’s easy to create, and you can customize it with your own favorite cream cheese flavors. There are a couple things to keep in mind when you’re creating it. I’ll show you step by step the very best way to make your own, below!
How to Make a Bagel Butter Board
There are several ways to make a Bagel Butter Board. You can either use one kind of cream cheese or many, depending on what you prefer! Here are some flavored cream cheese options and what you’ll need to garnish them. (Of course, garnish is an option, but doesn’t the board look much prettier with toppings sprinkles on all of the different types of cream cheese?)
Cream Cheese Flavor Ideas for a Bagel Butter Board
- Honey Pecan – You can sprinkle chopped pecans and drizzle honey on top.
- Plain Cream Cheese – I sprinkled Everything Bagel seasoning on top for some added color and texture.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese – With chopped, dried blueberries sprinkles on top.
- Onion and Chive Cream Cheese – I sprinkled dried chopped onions and freshly chopped chives on top for this Bagel Butter Board!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese – Freeze-dried strawberries are very easy to crumble on top.
- Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese – Fresh chopped parsley adds a pop of color and some extra flavor.
First, apply the cream cheese to the board with a spoon. If you are using different types of cream cheese on your board, place the flavors in rows. I applied the cream cheese in alternating ways on the board so the little ridges of cream cheese would have a bit more visual interest.
When you’re finished adding the cream cheese, it should look something like this! Of course, yours might look different depending on how many assorted flavors of cream cheese you’re using.
As you can see, I chose toppings which would compliment the flavor of the cream cheese. If you scroll up to the Cream Cheese Flavor Ideas section, you can see the pairings I used for this particular Bagel Butter Board. Then, all you have to do is arrange the bagels and you’re done! I can’t wait for you to try this idea! Butter Boards are certainly here to stay, and this is a fun new twist on one!
What is a Bagel Butter Board?
The Bagel Butter Board made with cream cheese was developed after the great Butter Board Trend of 2022. People began schmearing anything dippable onto a board to be eaten with dippables. I have seen cream cheese butter boards, caramel butter boards, nut butter boards, and so on! They truly are the new charcuterie board! What will be next?!
More Butter Board Ideas!
- Biscuit Butter Board – A cute and easy breakfast idea!
- Christmas Tree Butter Board – This one was made with cream cheese, too!
- Caramel Apple Butter Board – This delicious caramel one is perfect for autumn!
- 1 dozen bagels (any flavor)
- Honey Pecan Cream Cheese
- Plain Cream Cheese
- Blueberry Cream Cheese
- Chive and French Onion Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chopped dried blueberries
- 1 tsp dried diced onions
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp minced freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- With a spoon, smear the flavors of cream cheese on the platter or board in rows.
- Sprinkle pecans and honey on the honey pecan cream cheese.
- The Everything Bagel seasoning can be sprinkled on the plain cream cheese.
- Place the chopped dried blueberries over the blueberry flavored cream cheese.
- Sprinkle on the chives and onions onto that flavor of cream cheese.
- Add the strawberries on top of the strawberry cream cheese.
- Place the fresh parsley over the garden vegetable flavor cream cheese.
- Arrange bagels nearly around tray.
- Serve immediately!