Cajun Chicken Pasta is your go-to weeknight meal! A One-Pot Easy Dinner Idea and Family Meal Plan Recipes! Save time and money in the kitchen with everyday meals kids love! An easy cajun chicken pasta recipe that only dirties one pot.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
I LOVE One Pot Meal Recipes where you can throw everything together in a pot and let it cook! This Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe is SO easy and DELICIOUS! Plus there are even more Easy Dinner Recipes to try!
There are a few types of recipes that I’m completely drawn to when it comes to dinner ideas for my family – sheet pan, crockpot, one pot, and Instant Pot! I am all about quick, easy, simple, and convenient. With busy schedules and activities, it’s ALWAYS good to have a weekly meal plan so that you know what’s on the agenda for each meal. That way you can prepare or start a meal ahead of time if needed.
Watch this video to learn how to make Cajun Chicken Pasta!
Plus, when you have a plan, the question “what’s for dinner” is an easy one! It saves me so much time and SANITY.
Here are more chicken recipes
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut in 1/2" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Fresh Squash or Zucchini
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 8 oz. Pasta (Spaghetti, Bowtie or Fettuccine)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil In a Large Skillet or Dutch Oven, add Chicken, Garlic and Cajun Seasoning.
- Cook 7-8 minutes until Chicken is cooked completely.
- Add in Sliced Red Bell Pepper and Squash (You can use any vegetables you like here, I also like to add broccoli).
- Cook 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove Chicken & Vegetables from Pan and set aside.
- In the same dish add Chicken Broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in Pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed (Do not drain).
- Add the Chicken and Vegetables back to the pan.
- Add in Whipping Cream, Black Pepper, & Parmesan Cheese.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes until everything is hot and the sauce has thickened.
Can I Swap Out The Pasta In This Chicken Pasta Recipe
Yes. You can easily use bowtie pasta, penne, or any other type of pasta you prefer. I love the taste of the long noodles, but feel free to swap with what you have on hand or prefer to use.
Can I Use Yellow Squash Instead of Zucchini
Absolutely. Yellow squash and zucchini are very similar in flavor so you could easily swap it out, and still end up with incredible flavor. Just wash and chop the yellow squash as you would the zucchini and swap it out.
Can I Make This Cajun Chicken Pasta Low Carb
To make this recipe a low carb option, you would need to replace the pasta. You could do zucchini noodles or even spaghetti squash. If you use zucchini noodles they don’t take very long to cook, so make sure not to overcook. Just toss them in at the end before you go to serve it up.
If you do zucchini noodles, I would not add in the diced zucchini as well, since that might be a bit much.
How to Store Leftover Cajun Chicken
Take what you have leftover and place in the fridge. Store up to three days, and then toss out anything that is left. Use your best judgment in terms if you feel the dish has gone bad beforehand.
Best Way To Reheat Cajun Pasta and Chicken
Whether you opt for microwave or reheat in the skillet, this recipe works either way. Day two you will find the flavor of the dish is even more than night one. It is like the spices had time to blend more.
What To Serve With One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
To me, this is an all in one meal. We generally eat this alone but if you are searching for more sides you have options. Reach for some type of bread, whether french bread, dinner rolls, or even cornbread. Or take a lighter note and reach for a salad to pair next to it.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do! My kids love it, and it’s a great way to get veggies in their belly!
Plus, be sure to check out this Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe for another one of our family favorite meal ideas!