5 simple ingredients is all it takes to make these light and fluffy cake mix snickerdoodles. A snickerdoodle cookie that is quick to whip up, and a great recipe for beginner bakers. Easy, quick, and you can whip up this cookie recipe all in one bowl.
Why You Will Enjoy This Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Boxed Cake Mix as base
- Quick Prep
- Easy to Bake
- Fluffy and Light
- Minimal Cleanup
- 5 Ingredients
- Great for beginner bakers
- Budget Friendly Recipe
- Yellow Cake Mix
How to Make Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
Full directions for these snickerdoodle cake mix cookies are in the printable recipe card featured below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make.
Preheat your oven as directed, and grease your cookie sheet and set aside.
Then in a bowl add your cake mix, melted butter, egg, and mix well until combined. Dough will be thicker in texture.
In a bowl mix up the cinnamon and sugar, and then shape cookies into balls, and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
Place on baking sheet, and bake as directed. Once done, place on a cooling rack to cool then serve.
- Make sure to use butter not margarine. The butter will add richness to the cookies but also the batter will be creamier. If you use margarine it can create too much oil.
- The batter will be thicker, which is what you want.
- Use a cookie scoop so you get evenly sized cookies. Otherwise, you run the risk of uneven cooking on your cookies.
- Gently roll balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, make sure they are fully coated.
Storage of Cookies
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-7 days.
These cookies can be frozen if you don’t plan to eat right away. Just place in a freezer bag and store for 3-4 months. Thaw on the counter for a quick thaw.
How to Prevent Cookies From Sticking To Baking Sheet
There are a handful of ways to prevent cookies from sticking to a baking sheet. Here are my go-to ways to an easy fix.
- Spray baking sheet with a cooking spray. If you are doing multiple batches of cookies, you might need to spray between each batch of cookies.
- Use silicone baking mats. Place on baking sheet then add your cookies on. The mat will make it a non-stick surface. Simply wash, and reuse over and over again.
- Reach for parchment paper, it is affordable and easy. Place on baking sheet, add cookies and bake. Easy peasy!
Want More Cookie Recipes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Or 325 for nonstick cookie sheet.) Combine cake mix, egg and butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until the dough forms and everything is mixed completely. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. Roll dough into one inch spheres and roll each sphere in the sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked completely through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g