Christmas Dream Bars are a no bake dessert bar that is such a festive and fun Christmas treat. If you are looking for a quick, easy, and sweet treat give this dessert a try.
Whip these up the night before and then dress up your dessert table with this green and red festive treat. Give it a try today, you won’t regret it.
What Are Christmas Dream Bars
5 ingredients and just 5 minutes is all it takes to make a creative and tasty Christmas treat. Butterscotch, peanut butter, marshmallows and more are all mixed together for a sliceable dessert. A fun Christmas treat you can make with your kids.
What Ingredients Do I Need
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Butterscotch Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make
Full directions for this candy treat are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make. For measurements and directions scroll to bottom.
Toss ingredients into a bowl. Heat up and mix until all items are fully melted.
Pour in the mini marshmallows. Mix to ensure all items are fully coated in the chocolate mixture.
Pour into greased or prepped pan. Then sprinkle on the M&M’s and make sure to lightly press down in bowl.
Let set up, then slice and serve up this easy dessert.
How to Store Dessert Bars
These dessert bars can be stored at room temperature if you would like. Place in a container or sealed bag. Then store for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze these bars if you want. They will freeze 3-5 months depending on how you freeze them.
Thaw the bars on the counter or in the fridge overnight. If your home is hot, and you are worried about the chocolate melting, you can store your bars in the fridge as well.
Can I Use Milk Chocolate Instead of Semi-Sweet
If you want to lessen the chocolate flavor you can for sure reach for milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. You could also do a dark chocolate of choice, or switch it completely up and do a white chocolate.
Different Ways to Dress Up The Christmas Candy
- Consider adding on a few Christmas sprinkles on top when you do the M&M’s!
- Melt up some red and/or green candy melts and then drizzle over the top of the bars. This will add a really fun festive feel to it.
- Use colored marshmallows instead of a classic mini marshmallow. This will add a bit of a difference to the sliced treats.
Want More Christmas Treat Ideas
- Christmas Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Coal Rice Krispies Treats for Christmas
- White Chocolate Popcorn with Peppermint
- Milano Truffles
Christmas Dream Bars
Christmas Dream Bars are a no bake Christmas treat that is flavored with butterscotch, chocolate, peanut butter and fluffy marshmallows. A simple and quick holiday dessert that is family approved.
- 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11 oz package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine first three ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until everything is completely melted. Fold in the marshmallows and stir until fully coated.
- Pour the marshmallow chocolate mixture into the 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle on M&Ms and press down slightly.
- Refrigerate about two hours, or until completely set, and cut into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g