Check out these super fun and creative lump of coal Rice Krispie Treats. A fun dessert to add to your dessert table this holiday season. Or pack one or two in your child’s lunch as a fun surprise.
An edible lump of coal to enjoy and have some laughs over. I mean no one wants a lump of coal for Christmas, but I would totally ask Santa for a few of these to show up in my stocking.
These Lump Of Coal Rice Krispies Treats Are
- Made with 5 Ingredients
- No Bake
- Easy and Quick
Do These Lump Of Coal Treat Taste Good
If you are a fan of Oreos and Rice Krispies you will love this sweet and crunchy dessert. In my opinion, they are hard to resist! Be warned, once you start you might not be able to stop!
- Rice Krispies
- Black Gel Food Coloring
How to Make
The first step is to melt up your marshmallows and butter as you would making a classic rice krispies. Then toss in the black food coloring, Oreos, and the rice crispy cereal.
Mix well and then once mixed scoop into balls, and place on wax paper.
Once they are set up, serve and enjoy!!
How to Gift For The Holiday
Get some clear cellophane bags and place a few lumps of coal inside. Then tie on some ribbon or even attach a printable note or gift tag to give out. You could place in your child’s stocking, lunch box, a fun dessert for a party, gift co-workers, etc.
You will need to store your rice krispies in an airtight container at room temperature. Feel free to place in a bag as well if you have a sealable bag.
You can freeze what you don’t eat right away. Freeze for 2-3 months, and then thaw on the counter when you are ready to eat one.
Can I Leave The Oreos Out
You are welcome to use Oreos out of the mixture if you want. I love the cookie flavor next to the rice krispies. Feel free to do less, or leave it out. You could even do a double check Oreo if you wanted an alternative.
More Christmas Recipes
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos (with the filling included)
- 10 drops black gel food coloring (the amount will depend on the brand)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat marshmallows and butter for 90 seconds.
- Stir together and add food coloring until mixture is as dark as you prefer. (If you don't add enough food coloring, it will look dark purple.)
- Next, mix in oreos and rice cereal. Use a large metal spoon, so it doesn't dye your wooden spoon black!
- Spoon out with an ice cream scoop onto wax paper and let set for 5-10 minutes. Lastly, pack tightly in coal shapes with your fingers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g