Christmas Magic Layer Brownie Bars are a layered dessert bar that are bursting with festive colors. Rich fudge brownie, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, M&M’s and more join forces for this magic dessert bar for Christmas.
If you want a super easy holiday dessert, this is great. Slice and serve and is a great make ahead dessert for those potluck style parties you might attend at work or other events.
What Are Christmas Magic Layer Brownie Bars
The bottom layer is a brownie layer, then on top you will pour on condensed milk, coconut, chocolate, M&M’s and it bakes into an incredible bar. The magic is no stirring for the toppings that you place on top of the brownie layer.
Ingredients You Need For Layered Bars
- Chocolate chips
- Granulated Sugar
- Holiday M&M’s
- Coconut Flakes
- Condensed Milk
How to Make Christmas Layered Magic Bars
Brownie Layer – Start by mixing up brownie batter as directed in the recipe card. Then you will spread out the mixture and then bake for a bit in the oven as listed below.
Magic Layer Bar Topping – Next you will add on the chocolate chips, M&M’s then shredded coconut. Pour on the sweetened condensed milk, and then add on the rest of the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
Bake – You will then bake again to fully bake up the dessert bars. Once done remove and allow to cool and then slice into squares and enjoy.
Variations to Recipe
- You can use a classic boxed brownie on the bottom. It will change the texture a bit but you can skip making homemade if you need.
- Swap out the colored M&M’s in replace of the Christmas candies.
- Use butterscotch instead of chocolate chips.
- Do a blondie brownie on the bottom instead of a semi-sweet brownie.
Do you need to refrigerate magic bars?
Magic bars do not need to be refrigerated. It is a personal preference if you prefer to eat your magic bars chilled straight from the fridge or room temperature.
If you chill them they will be less crumbly and a bit more dense.
Can you freeze brownie magic bars?
These brownie magic bars can be frozen if you don’t plan to eat right away. Just store in a freezer container or freezer bag for 2-3 months. Then thaw on the counter and enjoy.
Tips For Making These Brownie Magic Bars
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- When you pour in the topping ingredients make sure to not stir the condensed milk and candy toppings.
- Make sure to not over bake the dessert.
- Store your bars in an airtight container, otherwise they will dry out.
Want More Easy Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Dream Bars
- Holiday Oreo Bars
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
- Christmas Cake Mix Bars
- Chex Mix Cookies
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted butter 1 stick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Holiday M&Ms, divided
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium microwavable mixing bowl, combine butter and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 30-second intervals and stir in between each one until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat in sugar with a mixer on high for one minute. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat on medium until well combined.
- Stir in flour until just combined. Pour into a parchment-lined 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven (brownies will not be cooked all the way through, but will be set on top) and sprinkle on half of the chocolate chips, M&Ms, and all shredded coconut.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Spread gently to make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle on all remaining chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Bake for 20 more minutes, or until edges are pulling away from the side of the pan and the middle is set. Cool completely before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g