5 ingredients are all it takes to make this homemade crockpot mac and cheese. Pasta and cheese never tasted so good, and boy is it easy! Whip up this macaroni and cheese side dish recipe. Whip up this slow cooker mac and cheese for a side to dinner any day of the week.
Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Give this recipe a try for your next holiday feast, potluck, or a simple side dish to pair with your dinner. Chicken, beef, pork, and all things in between. This recipe is so versatile, easy, and affordable to make.
- Evaporated Milk
- Cream Cheese
How to Make Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Add all your ingredients into your crockpot.
- Turn on high and cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Stir every 45 minutes.
Once done, stir and serve up your easy and delicious homemade mac and cheese recipe. Your whole family can enjoy this easy recipe.
What Is The Best Pasta To Use
I used elbow shells but you could use any smaller style pasta like the elbow. Shells would be another great alternative. Just know that if you use a larger pasta it could take a bit longer for your pasta to fully cook. Just take note of that as you cook your pasta.
You can also swap for gluten-free pasta if you need a gluten-free pasta. Just adjust the cooking time a bit if you find it cooks faster or if it needs longer to cook, go ahead.
Pro Tips For Making Mac and Cheese
- You can use a crockpot liner to help make cleanup easy.
- Shredding cheese off the block is better than using pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded has more carbs so it will not blend and be a little gooey in texture.
- Feel free to double this recipe if you want to serve a larger crowd.
- Store all leftover macaroni and cheese in the refrigerator.
- The mac and cheese don’t freeze the best. It will become pretty soft in texture, so I recommend not freezing leftovers.
Looking For More Recipes To Try
- Freezer Friendly Potato Skins | Here is a great potato skin recipe that you can make and serve up to your family, guests, or even freeze for later.
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers | A cream cheese-filled jalapeno wrapped in bacon. This is the ultimate grilled pepper recipe to try out.
- Loaded Potato Salad | If you are a fan of potato salad, here is one salad you want to try. This is loaded with tons of flavor and a creamy texture.
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 quart of milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and mix.
- Set on high and cook for 2 hours and fifteen minutes, stirring every 45 minutes while cooking.
- After the cooking time is over, stir once more, and set to warm until ready to
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g