4 ingredients are all that is required for these Valentine Hershey Hugs Cookies! A red velvet cake mix cookie that is then topped with a Hershey Hugs! Delicious, easy, and a festive dessert for Valentine’s Day. A red velvet Hugs blossom cookie is calling your name!
With Valentine’s Day approaching fast, you will love these simple cookies. Here are a few more Valentine’s Day ideas to consider! Valentine’s Day boxes for kids, Valentine’s Day desserts, Starburst Valentine’s Day Teacher gift.
Hershey Hugs Cookies
Hershey hugs cookies are so popular. You can make these all year round! A simple and delicious cookie that melts in your mouth. The Hugs in the center is a white and milk chocolate Hershey treat.
Can I Use A Different Cake Mix
Go right ahead and reach for a chocolate cake mix in replace of the red velvet if you would like. You are more than welcome to swap out the cake mix to match what you prefer.
I loved the red velvet for a simple cookie that fits the Valentine’s Day theme.
How to Make Hugs Cookies
- Whip up your cake mix cookie batter as directed in the recipe card below.
- Chill your dough as directed.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on chilled cookie sheet.
- Cool a bit then place Hershey Hugs in the center of each cookie.
These red velvet hugs cookies can be stored in an airtight container or sealable bag. Just make sure your cookies have fully cooled before you store them.
The Valentine’s Day cookies can store for up to 4-5 days on the counter. Or if you don’t plan to eat them right away toss the extras in the freezer. They will store for around 3 months long.
Tips And Variations For Hershey Hugs Cookies
- Use a different cake mix flavor instead of red velvet cake. Try a strawberry cake mix for a fun pink cookie!
- Swap the Hershey hugs with a Hershey Kiss, Dove Chocolate Heart, etc
- Add a drizzle of chocolate on the cookies instead of chocolate on top
- Dust raw cookie dough with some sugar for added texture
Does This Recipe Double Well
Go right ahead and double the recipe if you want to make a lot of cookies. Just whip them up and store them properly until ready to serve. I recommend making them a day in advance or serving fresh that day. Like any other cookie, they will begin to dry out after a few days.
So for the best quality fresh is always best.
Even More Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 20-30 valentine Hershey hugs (depending on how large you roll your cookies)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix red velvet cake mix, eggs and butter.
- Chill for 15 minutes. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on chilled cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. (You must be sure to do this part or the cookies will spread.)
- Bake for 7-9 minutes and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Place candy onto the center of cookies and let cool entirely before moving the cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.