Sweet potatoes are a holiday favorite at our house, and these Hasselback Sweet Potatoes are a fun twist on the traditional sweet potato casserole I usually make!
How to Make Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
These look fancy, but they’re SO easy to make!!
Ingredients for Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potato – I like to pick out the sweet potatoes in person instead of using grocery pick-up. Sweet potatoes that are evenly shaped work well for this recipe!
- Butter – You’ll want to use melted butter so you can drizzle it on.
- Brown sugar, packed – Feel free to more than the recipe calls for if you prefer your sweet potato with extra sweetness!
- Mini marshmallows
- Cinnamon – I only use a pinch of cinnamon on each sweet potato, but feel free to use more if you prefer a stronger taste.
Instructions for Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick baking spray. Sweet potatoes always have a tendency to stick!
Cut slits through the width of the potato, about 1/4th-1/2 inch apart, stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom. To prevent cutting all the way through, place chopsticks on either side of the sweet potato. I like using the disposable wooden chopsticks, like these. We have some nicer chopsticks which are reusable, but I’d be too afraid I’d accidentally leave knife marks on them! Ha! (The chopsticks will prevent the knife from cutting the entire sweet potato.)
Bake for 50 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and change the setting to broil on high.
Drizzle melted butter on top of the sweet potato and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Place marshmallows into the slits of the sweet potato.
Broil until the marshmallows puff up and begin to turn golden, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve immediately. Makes 1 serving.
More Holiday Recipes You’ll Love!
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole – Layers of cheesy goodness!
- Red and Green Christmas Pinwheels – Only 5 ingredients!
- Christmas Deviled Eggs – Made with avocado!