Have you ever made nacho fries? Here is a delicious and simple recipe for ground beef nacho fries! Perfectly cooked fries piled high with seasoned ground beef, cheese, and more. Serve these nacho fries up for dinner or a game day appetizer!
I mean let’s be honest here. Who doesn’t love nachos? Crispy chips, tons of toppings, it is heavenly! When you swap chips with fries it brings a whole new flavor that is phenomenal! Try it and see for yourself!
Grab some frozen fries, and whip up these fries in no time. Kids and adults will enjoy diving into these cheesy fries. This recipe is ready in just 30 minutes!
Why Are These Nacho Fries Better Than Taco Bell Nacho Fries
- You control the ingredients used.
- Loaded with meat, cheese, and more.
- Affordable to make.
- Customize to your liking.
- Cooks in 30 minutes, no need to leave home.
Topping Ideas For Nacho Fries
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Pico De Gallo
- Avocado slices or Guacamole
- Refried Beans
How to Make Nacho Fries
Start by laying out your fries on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven as directed. While your french fries are cooking you will start to cook your ground beef and onions in a skillet. Stir in the taco seasoning and salsa once the meat is fully cooked.
Once fries are done, pile on some cheese, meat, and more cheese. Bake in the oven to melt the cheese. Once done remove and begin piling on the toppings you choose! Serve warm!
These fries are incredible, loaded with flavor and your favorite toppings.
Can I Prep These Fries Ahead of Time
I do not recommend fully cooking and storing your fries, but you can prep some parts. Go ahead and cook up your ground beef and stir in the taco seasoning, and salsa.
Store the meat mixture in the fridge until you are ready to pile it on the fries. Then you can top the fries with the cold meat, or reheat it in a skillet on the stove, then sprinkle over the fries.
You will just heat up the mixture in the oven as you would originally. Just ensure the meat is fully warmed before serving.
More Mexican Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice
- Mexican Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
- Easy Mexican Pile Up
- Skinny White Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Pinwheels
Do Loaded Nacho Fries Store Well
Unfortunately, this dish is one best-served one. The fries will become soggy as they cool down in the refrigerator. So only make enough for what you plan to eat.
If you have extra meat, just keep this separate and then use it to top more fries later and bake.
Variations To Recipe
- Use ground turkey or pork to replace the ground beef.
- Reach for any style of fry. Waffle fries, seasoned fries, steak fries, etc.
- Use any and all your favorite toppings to help change up the flavor.
Nacho Fries is an easy appetizer or a dinner for the family. Crispy fries, seasoned ground beef, cheese, and all your favorite toppings.
- 1 pound frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Green onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Lay the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook as directed on the
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with season salt, toss to coat
- While the fries are baking, cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until the onion is soft and no pink remains on the beef, drain any excess fat
- Add in the taco seasoning and salsa, mix to combine, and heat through
- When fries are done, add a layer of shredded cheese then top with meat mixture, and more shredded cheese
- Place back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese if necessary
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1121mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g