Pumpkin French Toast is going to be a game-changer for your breakfast meal. This French toast is loaded with warm cinnamon and pumpkins pie spice as well as pumpkin puree. Give this easy pumpkin spice French toast a try today!
Why This Pumpkin French Toast Is A Must Make Recipe
Fall Flavors – Pumpkin spice is everywhere in the fall months. Well this recipe gives you just that. A great breakfast or brunch recipe that you can whip up and serve your family or a crowd.
Pumpkin Puree – This recipe uses real pumpkin puree, not just pumpkin spice seasoning. It helps to elevate the flavor of the French toast even more.
Freezer Friendly – You can freeze any leftovers you don’t eat. Just flash freeze the French toast and then freeze for 2-3 months. Then you can warm up in the microwave, or even oven or toaster.
Bread – We used Texas toast as it is a thicker sliced bread. Just make sure the bread you use is thicker and firmer, or it can become too soggy when dipped. Dry bread is best when it comes to making French toast.
Butter – How can you make French toast without it! Right?
Vanilla, Egg and Milk – The base of the mixture to dip your bread in.
Pumpkin Puree – Adds a nice pumpkin flavor to the bread. Make sure to not mistake it for pumpkin pie mix.
Spices – Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice give this recipe a twist of fall warm spices. Trust me, you will love the flavor!
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this pumpkin spice breakfast recipe is in the printable recipe card featured below. This is a quick walkthrough on how to make it.
First you are going to get your skillet heating up on medium heat. Add a little butter right before to allow it to melt and create a non-stick are for the bread.
In a bowl mix up the egg, milk, puree, spices, and vanilla. Dip your bread in the mixture, coating all sides.
Place the French toast on the hot skillet and cook each side for a few minutes, then flip. You want the bread to become golden brown. Once done, remove.
Then dust with powdered sugar, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Helpful Tips And Variations For Making Pumpkin French Toast
- You need to use firm bread, or it will sog up when dipped. Brioche bread, challah, or Texas toast are recommended.
- The center of your bread will be a custard like texture.
- Keep your bread warm in the oven at 250 degrees. Place the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet, and then serve up warm breakfast.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with pumpkin spice seasoning, etc.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter (or more, depending on how many slices of French toast you're making)
- 1 loaf of Texas toast or French bread cut into 1" slices
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat, add a small amount of butter and melt.
- In a small baking dish, like a small casserole dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the mixture and place on the preheated skillet.
- Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the skillet and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with maple syrup, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g