St. Patrick’s Day Mac and Cheese is one recipe that you have to make. Sneak in hidden veggies in creamy and tasty mac and cheese recipe. Green colored and loaded with flavor. A baked mac and cheese that will win over everyone.
St. Patrick’s Day Mac and Cheese
Green mac and cheese is one dish that screams St. Patrick’s Day. This veggie-loaded macaroni and cheese have a nice green color that makes kids excited to eat this.
Peas and broccoli and spinach are what offer this baked macaroni a fun color. Plus you get a lot of incredible nutrients in every single bite of this hearty side dish.
Why Make Green Mac And Cheese
- It is a FUN side dish to get kids excited
- Loaded with vitamins and nutrients
- Sneak in veggies
- Easy to make
There are numerous reasons why you need to make this recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients Needed For St. Patrick’s Day Mac and Cheese
- Elbow Macaroni
- Colby Cheese
How To Make Green Mac and Cheese
You will work on making your green base by blending up your spinach with milk. Then you will work on the stovetop to make your cheese sauce. Once that is ready you will mix it all up, toss in a pan and bake in the oven.
The full directions are listed below.
Looking for More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- 1 Lb. Elbow Macaroni, Cooked al Dente
- 3 Cups Vitamin D Milk
- 1 Cup Spinach, Packed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Peas
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Colby Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Blend spinach and milk in a blender until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk blend and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk occasionally for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add ½ cup water and cheese and whisk until melted. Stir in the pasta, broccoli, and peas.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
How To Store Green St. Patrick’s Day Macaroni and Cheese
You can store this dish in the fridge for 4-5 days. If it is stored at proper temperature it will last for a handful of days. Reheat this in the microwave, oven or even in the skillet.
What To Serve With This Green Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
You will be able to pair this with almost any main dish. Whether it is juicy steaks, meatloaf or roasted turkey. You name it you can truly enjoy the ultimate dinner to treat your family.
Can You Freeze This Macaroni And Cheese
Unfortunately, because of all the cheese in this recipe, you will find it does not thaw well once it has been frozen. You will want to toss out what you don’t eat, as it won’t freeze and thaw well.
Can I Double This Side Dish Recipe
Yes, you are more than welcome to double the recipe if you would like. Feel free to bake in a larger pan or make two pans if you need.