It takes just 3 ingredients to make this homemade strawberry frosting. Strawberry preserves, butter, and powdered sugar create this creamy and delicious strawberry flavored frosting.
Use this strawberry frosting recipe to frost cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and other baked goods. I even love using this frosting to spread on a graham cracker for a sweet treat.
This Strawberry Frosting Recipe Is…
- Made with 3 Ingredients
- Made with real butter
- Easy to make
- Great for cakes, cupcakes, and more
Ingredients Needed For Frosting
Butter – You need to use real butter. You can of course use a salted or unsalted. I find with frosting I prefer unsalted, but if all you have is salted it will work.
Strawberry Preserves – This needs to be preserves. Not a jelly or jam.
Powdered Sugar – If your powdered sugar has a lot of lumps make sure to sift the powdered sugar well to break up clumps.
How to Make Strawberry Frosting
Full directions for this frosting, are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through.
First you will add butter and preserves in a bowl. With a hand mixer whip it up until creamy consistency.
Next you will slowly work in your powdered sugar. Do a little at a time or it will make a mess when you turn on the mixer. Whip it up until nice and creamy.
Frost your favorite desserts. You can spread on with a knife or use a piping bag and tip for decorating.
Tips For Success
- Make sure you use softened butter, otherwise it will not mix up properly.
- It needs to be real butter not margarine. Margarine is greasy and made with oil so it will ruin the frosting.
- Sift your powdered sugar first to make it an ultra creamy texture.
- Preserves is key, not jelly or jam. The bits of strawberry pieces adds so much flavor to the frosting.
How to Store Frosting
You will want to store your frosting in the fridge. With the preserves it will need to be refrigerated one it is mixed up. You can store in a piping bag or container, or frost and store on a cake, cupcakes, etc.
The frosting can also be frozen if you would like. Just freeze for 2-3 months and then thaw in the fridge overnight before you plan to use it.
More Strawberry Recipes
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves (not strawberry jam or jelly)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and strawberry preserves together on high until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating well on medium in between each addition. Pipe onto cake or cupcakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 0gSugar: 44gProtein: 0g