Have you seen the TikTok viral Tortilla Wrap? I wanted to share 3 different tortilla wrap ideas that you can make in minutes. Sweet and savory, both are delicious, and if you love tortillas, give this recipe a try.
TikTok Tortilla Wrap
3 ways, from quesadilla, pizza, and a sweet one, with strawberries and bananas in each bite. Let me share how to make these tasty wraps for you to make.
What Type of Tortilla Wraps Are These
- Chicken Quesadilla
- Pizza Tortilla
- Strawberry Dessert
What Type of Tortilla to Use
Reach for any of your favorite tortillas. I recommend buying a bit larger ones so they fold properly. Or you can make a little smaller for a snack. You can even buy gluten-free tortillas or low-carb tortillas.
How to Fold A Tortilla Wrap Like On TikTok
Slice the tortilla into 4 wedges, don’t cut all the way through.
- On each slice add part of the ingredients.
- Fold one side over to the other.
- Then make the next fold over
- Then fold one more time to make the layered wrap like pictured.
See how easy and simple this is to make. While it looks technical it is crazy simple and each bite you have all the flavors of each portion of the wrap. An evenly flavored tortilla wrap that is mind-blowing good.
What Can You Put In This Wrap
Anything! This wrap is honestly limitless on what you can pile into your tortilla wrap! I will share some ideas below for you to consider, and then in the recipe card, I share 3 different recipes for you to try out.
- Peanut butter, Jelly, Bananas, Raspberries, or Strawberries
- Ground beef, refried beans, sour cream, salsa
- Peanut butter, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs
- Ham, cheese, bean sprouts, cranberry sauce
As you can see you essentially have so many options. All are delicious and bursting with flavor.
How to Toast up The Tortilla
Add a thin layer of butter on the bottom side of the tortilla. That way as it sits in the pan it will toast up nice and crispy. Or you leave the butter off and still crisp up just not as much.
I like to let the ingredients sit a bit in the pan to help get them to melt down a bit.
Can I Use Homemade Tortillas
If you have homemade tortillas, go right ahead and use homemade. I have done both and they work great. You just want to make sure your homemade tortillas will hold up to being folded into quarters.
- 1/4 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream & cilantro,
- 1/4 cup salsa
- lime juice
- 1 large tortilla
- Place your tortilla on a cutting board and slice into 4 without cutting all the way through. Then place in a skillet on medium heat.
- On one of the squares you will place your chicken, then on another square do your cheese, then salsa and lime juice.
- Then on the last one do the sour cream and cilantro.
- As the tortilla heats, you will begin to fold each section to make it a wrap.
- Once warmed through serve warm.
Pizza Option: (pepperoni, cheese/basil, sauce, black olives)
Dessert Option: you can either leave it as is or heat it up. For the other two recipes, you can either heat it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or put then on a skillet at medium heat with butter or olive oil melted on it for 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 916mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g