Whip up this Valentine’s Day Cookie Cake! A heart-shaped cookie that is a sliceable dessert cake. Whip this up for a fun movie night in, entertaining guests, or a fun dessert for kids. 3 ingredients is all this cookie cake took to make. The whole family gobbled it right up!
Can you believe Valentine’s Day is almost here? I have a few more tasty creations you might be interested in making. Check out this easy snack board in the shape of a heart, 15 incredible red velvet recipes, or send a loved one Valentine’s Day care package!
Valentine’s Day Cookie Cake
If you have not tried a cookie in the shape of a cake, you have to. Not only are they delicious, but simple! A frosted cookie will always be a homerun dessert in my household.
Homemade Frosting VS Store Bought Frosting
In terms of store-bought frosting compared to homemade frosting, this is up to you. Feel free to make and create whatever you want. We reached for store-bought for ease and quickness.
Can I Use Homemade Cookie Dough For This Recipe
Absolutely! If you have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe or even sugar cookie go ahead. Just make and bake in the 9×13 pan as directed! Then you are all set.
Essentially you could use any flavor of cookie you would like. We love the chocolate chip with the frosting, but go right ahead and make your favorite flavor of cookie.
Want More Valentine’s Day Desserts
Variations To Cookie Cake
- Frost the whole cookie and then use sprinkles, chocolate shavings, etc. to decorate.
- Feel free to make a different flavor of cookies instead of chocolate chip.
- Make this cake as large as you would like.
- I used a knife to make the heart shape, you can also buy a heart shaped pan to bake your cookie in if you would like. Just make sure to spray well with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
- You can also make this exact recipe just a different shape to fit any and every occasion you want to serve up a cookie cake with.
How to Get M&M’s To Stick On Cookie Cake
If you look closely at my cookie cake, you will see I did a dab of icing for each M&M. You can do this with other candies if you want. Feel free to add a whole layer of frosting on the cake then add sprinkles.
Or write a word like “Be Mine” or “I Love You” out of the candy M&M’s. Feel free to get creative and have fun with this easy holiday dessert.
Storing The Cookie Cake
Once your cookie has cooled go ahead and place it in an airtight container and store it at room temperature for around 4-5 days. It will begin to dry out of course as it sits. But the first few days are the best.
- Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- Frosting (store bought or homemade)
- Valentine M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Press the dough into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Let cool completely and cut a heart out of the middle. Cut out the edges and save them to snack on later!
- Carefully lift the heart and put it on a serving plate, pipe frosting around the edges, and pipe dots wherever you'd like an M&M.
- Stick on the M&Ms and let the frosting harden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g