Candy Corn Crack is one of the tastiest Halloween snacks you could whip up in a hurry. It is sweet, salty, crunchy, and downright addictive. If you are looking for a fall harvest crack candy, this recipe is it.
Candy corn is something you either love or hate. In our home we love it. Sweet, creamy and downright addictive. Put a fun spin on crack candy and watch this become the highlight treat of the night.
Candy Corn Crack
Simple ingredients, minimal prep, and an easy and delicious Halloween dessert you can make to serve up family, friends, and guests. I will share the recipe for this below for you to try out.
Can I Use White Chocolate Chips Instead of Almond Bark
What I found is the white chocolate chips would burn if placed on top of the crack and baked in the oven like traditional crack recipes. So I reached for almond bark instead, which hardened up nicely. It also created a nice thick layer that you could pour and spread easily once you pulled from the oven.
If you want to use white chocolate chips instead I would do this. Bake the crack as directed, melt chocolate and add 1 teaspoon Crisco in it, and then stir well. Then pour this mixture over the cooked crack, just like the almond bark. This will help allow the chips to set up from the Crisco, and not risk burning.
Can I Use Autumn Mix Instead of Candy Corn For Halloween Crack
Of course. Autumn Mix has pumpkins, flavored candy corns all in one bag. It is sweeter and offers a variety of flavor. You can easily swap this out instead of candy corn if you would like. It is all about the preference and look you are aiming for.
More Crack Recipes To Check Out
What Sprinkles Do You Use For Candy Corn Crack
Searching For More Halloween Recipes
- Cup of Butter (2 Sticks)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Stack of Saltine Crackers
- 1 lb. Package of White Almond Bark Melted
- 1/2 Package of Orange Candy Melts
- ½ package of Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 cup candy corn candies
- Autumn-colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Now lay out your crackers in an even line all over the baking sheet.
- Melt your butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring to a bowl and stir while it boils, for five minutes.
- Now pour the mixture over the crackers and bake for 8 minutes.
- While your crackers are baking, warm up your almond bark and orange candy melts, and yellow in a sepearte bowl. I just warmed it up in the microwave.
- Then when crack is done, pour the white chocolate over the whole mix and spread around. Then pour the orange and yellow and use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl look.
- Then sprinkle with sprinkles and candy corn, and allow to cool.
- Once cooled break into pieces and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 159mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
How To Store Candy Corn Crack
This candy corn crack will stay fresh for 1-2 weeks. You can allow it to fully cool then store in an airtight container or even in a sealable bag. I store mine on the counter. Then pack in kid’s lunches, take to work with you, or have as an after dinner snack.
Can I Swap Out Crackers In The Crack Candy Recipe
Yes. You can use Ritz, Clubs, or any other type of saltine style cracker. Just make sure to lay them out flat just as you would the saltines. Each cracker will give this crack candy a bit of an unique taste, so know it will vary in the flavor.