Cheeseburger and French Fry Casserole gives you all the flavors of a cheeseburger with a side of fries all in one tasty casserole. Whip this up and watch even the pickiest of eaters gobble it up.
A seasoned ground beef that is paired with a cheese sauce, topped with fries and baked in the oven. Drizzle on the homemade burger sauce and dish up one tasty ground beef casserole.
Why This Cheeseburger and French Fry Casserole Works
- Simple Ingredients
- Kid Friendly
- Budget Friendly
- Quick Prep
- Versatile in Ingredients Used
- Ground Beef
- Grilling Seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- Frozen French Fries
- Cheese Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Toppings of Choice
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this cheeseburger casserole are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick overview of how to make this easy dish.
Step 1: Start by cooking ground beef, onions, and seasoning in a skillet. If you choose for a different meat, cook until fully cooked.
Step 2: Once the meat is fully cooked drain off oil, then add in the cheese sauce.
Step 3: Pour into pan, top with frozen fries, bake as directed.
Once done remove, top with the homemade sauce, full recipe in printable recipe card. Then serve with your favorite condiments and serve up.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge. Then reheat in the microwave, or even in the oven. If you do the oven it will help to crisp up the fries a bit, where the microwave can become soggy.
Freezing can be done, just freeze for up to 3 months in the proper container. Then thaw in the fridge overnight or heat straight from being frozen.
Variations To Recipe
- Use any style or brand of French fries. A seasoned fry would add great flavor to the dish.
- Use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef if you want.
- Add in different seasonings to flavor your beef.
- Leave out the onions if you are not a fan.
- Swap fries with tater tots if you would like.
- Make a homemade cheese sauce instead of jarred if you prefer.
You can easily top this casserole with any condiment you want. We did diced tomatoes, pickles, and it was a hit. Feel free to even add on some lettuce if you enjoy lettuce on your sandwiches.
Get creative and create a one-of-a-kind dinner.
- Make sure to not do a huge layer of fries, as some of the bottom ones will not crisp up. If you don’t mind softer fries that is fine to do.
- The sauce is delicious on the dish, but swap it out if you want.
- If you use a paper towel to place in pan once meat is done, it easily soaks up the grease. Just push meat to one side, tilt pan and use paper towel to soak up all the grease. It is a super easy kitchen hack.
More Easy Casserole Recipes
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp grilling seasoning
- 2/3 cup onions, diced
- 16 oz jar of cheese sauce (or a little less, depending on how cheesy your family likes it!)
- 1 bag frozen French fries, any type
For the Fry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Splash of Frank's Hot Sauce
Optional toppings, if desired:
- pickles and diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet, combine ground beef, onions, and grilling seasoning.
- Cook on medium, stirring occasionally until the ground beef is browned and the onions are soft.
- Drain the excess fat. Add 8-10 oz of cheese sauce, depending on how cheesy you want it to be and combine.
- Remove from the heat and spoon into casserole dish. Top with frozen fries and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the fries are cooked and the casserole is bubbling.
- For the Fry Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, ketchup and hot sauce to taste.
- Drizzle the sauce onto the cooked casserole and top with pickles and tomatoes, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: `
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g