Chicken Caesar pasta salad is a mix of a pasta salad and a green lettuce. Tons of flavor from juicy chicken, tomatoes, pasta, lettuce, and of course a creamy Caesar dressing that is homemade.
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Is…
- An Easy Dinner
- Quick To Make
- Great Way To Use Leftover Chicken
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Family Friendly Dinner
Ingredients You Will Need
- Homemade Dressing – Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, garlic, anchovy paste, pepper, parmesan.
- Pasta – Rotini, shells, or Farfalle
- Romaine lettuce
- Shredded Chicken – Great way to use rotisserie chicken you buy, or frozen prepped chicken you made ahead of time.
- Shaved Parmesan
How To Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Full steps with measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through on how it is made.
Cook pasta as directed on the box. Then drain and run pasta under cold water to cool it off.
Next add all your ingredients for your Caesar dressing in a bowl. With a whisk, mix till it is nice and creamy. If you don’t want to make homemade buy your favorite store brand.
Add all ingredients into a large bowl, mix well and then serve and enjoy!
Tips For Success
Using rotisserie chicken will speed up prep work on this recipe dramatically. Or use pre-cooked chicken or leftover chicken you have on hand.
Lettuce knives help prevent the salad from browning and going bad as fast.
Cook the pasta till al dente. Feel free to use any small pasta for this recipe. I like to use protein pasta for this salad for added nutrients.
Pour the dressing on right before you serve. That way it doesn’t sog up everything in the salad mixture.
This salad can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. You will find that it can wilt easily once the dressing is in the salad. I recommend eating it fresh. But if you happen to have leftovers feel free to save it.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken
I do love buying whole chickens and then making Instant Pot whole chickens for meal prepping. I cook up the chicken, then de-bone and shred the chicken.
Freeze into serving freezer bags, and then pull out for recipes like this. It is a simple and easy way to stock your freezer for future meals.
Want More Easy Summer Recipes
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. cooked small pasta such as rotini or farfalle
- 2 hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 1 medium-size rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Croutons
- 1 cup Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined and set aside while you put together the salad.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss together. Drizzle prepared Caesar dressing over salad and toss until well combined. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon over the top. Garnish with extra croutons, shaved parmesan, and coarsely cracked pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 721mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g