Learn how to make everything but the bagel seasoning at home! Whether you sprinkle this on your morning bagel, mix in eggs, or use it to season your chicken for dinner. This Everything But The Bagel Seasoning recipe is so simple, easy, and absolutely delicious.
Why Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Takes less than 5 minutes to make
- Great for seasoning veggies, meats, and more.
- You might have all the ingredients in your pantry
How to store seasoning
You can store it in a sealed jar or bag in the spice cabinet. Now, I find using a sealed jar is best as it helps to preserve all the spices the longest. It will last for around a year when stored properly.
Just use your best judgment if you feel it is tasting a bit different than you can toss and make new.
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
The full ingredient list and instructions are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick overview of how to make this homemade spice blend.
In a bowl add in all your spice, mix, and then pour into a proper container, seal, and store. Then when you are ready to use, measure as directed in the recipe you are using.
How much seasoning mix does this make?
This bagel seasoning mixture makes around 3/4 cup of seasoning. If you are looking to make more or less feel free to adjust the spice recipe as you would like.
This is a delicious gift if you know someone who enjoys everything bagel seasoning!
Can I use regular salt to replace Himilayan sea salt?
I recommend using sea salt in replacing it if you want. I would not use classic table salt, as it is a different flavor than true sea salt.
Different Ways to Use This Bagel Seasoning Recipe
- Top bagels and bake, or spread cream cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Mix in scrambled eggs.
- Make deviled eggs with everything bagel seasoning.
- Potato salad.
- Baked chicken or pork
- Mix in a trail mix.
- Sprinkle on roasted vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. This makes approximately 3/4 cup of seasoning.
- In addition to bagels, you can sprinkle this on deviled eggs, salads, baked chicken, trail mix, roasted vegetables, and more!