One of my families favorite meals is Stir Fry. My kids love it and I really enjoy something a little different than Meat and Potatoes some nights. I used to buy those Stir Fry Seasoning Packets and over the last few years I’ve gotten to were I make my own seasoning mix! You can do this with either Beef or Chicken Stir Fry.
I typically use 1 Bag of Mixed Stir Fry Veggies. Target has a Market Pantry Variety that you can get on sale with a Target Coupon frequently and then I use a Bag of Broccoli because my kids love will eat that one more than any other veggie so I like to have extra. Then add your favorite Meat and serve over white or brown rice. It is so yummy and so much cheaper than a visit to P.F. Chang ;)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning (Optional)
- 2 Shakes of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Start By Cooking Your Meat with Salt & Pepper
- Add Veggies (I use 2 Bags total, One of Mixed Veggies and 1 Broccoli Florettes)
- Combine All Ingredients Above in a Mixing Bowl
- Pour Seasoning Mix over Veggies and Meat and Cook over Medium/High Heat for around 20 Minutes or until Veggies are done and Water has Evaporated from the mix.
- Serve over Rice
The Cajun Seasoning and Red Pepper Flakes are optional, but if your kids don’t like spicy food you might think about leaving them out. My kids like the flavor of the Cajun Seasoning and then I will add the Red Pepper Flakes on my own at the end because I really enjoy spicy food.