S’Mores Krispie Treats are a marshmallow filled Golden Graham Cereal that is loaded with chocolate, and mini marshmallows in each crunchy bite. A no-bake dessert that reminds you of a summer campfire with a twist.
S’Mores Krispie Treats
- No Bake Dessert
- Homemade Rice Krispies Treat
- Easy S’mores Inspired Dessert
- Delicious Dessert For All Year Round
Ingredients You Will Need
Golden Graham Cereal – Any brand works, just make sure to to grab the golden graham flavor as that will mimic the graham cracker of the dessert.
Mini Marshmallows – The mini marshmallows are the perfect size. You will find that some melt down and others stay whole when you mix in, it gives a nice chewy texture.
Butter – I recommend real butter not margarine. You can use salted or unsalted. For unsalted add a pinch of salt in to help enhance all the flavors of the ingredients.
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – So I used semi-sweet chocolate for mixing up the bars. Go ahead and do a milk chocolate if you want a less sweet flavor.
Hershey’s Candy Bars – Mini Hershey bars add a fun S’mores look and of course who says you can’t have enough chocolate.
Do I Have To Add In The Chocolate Chips
If you want a less chocolate-y dessert you can leave the chocolate chips to give it a more marshmallow flavor. Either method works but you can do whatever your heart desires. We love chocolate in our home.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers just allow them to fully cool. Then slice and place the in an airtight container. If you are going to stack them place wax paper in between the layers. That way it prevents them from sticking together.
Then store the bars at room temperature for around 1-2 weeks.
They can freeze but they bars will start to soften once they thaw a bit. But you can store the S’mores Golden Graham bars up to a month in advance.
Can I Use A Different Flavor Of Cereal
So the Golden graham cereal offers that sweet graham cracker flavor. You can buy different cereals but just know that it will take away from the s’mores traditional flavor.
Rice Krispies, cornflake cookies, all work, just know the flavor will be different.
Can I Half The Recipe
If you do not want to make a 9×13 of cereal bars, you can split the recipe in half. Then you will find it is a great way to not waste if you don’t think you will eat it in time before going bad.
Same thing goes if you want to make extra, simply double the recipe and use 2 pans or reach for one larger pan.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 16 ounces bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal + a handful for garnish
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Hershey chocolate bar
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Remove 3 cups of marshmallows from the bag and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter and remaining marshmallows until just melted. Stir.
- Add cereal, 2 1/2 cups of the marshmallows that were set aside, and all of the chocolate chips.
- Mix and press into pan.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of marshmallows, Hershey bar pieces, and graham cereal. Let set in refrigerator and cut into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g