Tie Dye S’mores are a colorful and tasty s’ mores that are colorful and tasty as can be. Add in some colorful candy melts for a fun take on the classic s’ mores recipe.
Tie Dye S’mores
If you are looking for a kid-friendly snack or dessert whip up this tie dye s’mores recipe for a quick and easy dessert. Just a little prep and you will have a delicious recipe.
How to Make Tie Dye Smores
Step 1: Add candy melts into pastry bags so that each color is in its own bag. Then microwave them to melt. In between each heat cyle massage the bag. Full directions for recipe and ingredients are below in recipe card.
Step 2: Then make squares of the colors of candy melts on a parchment-lined sheet. Use a toothpick to help swirl the colors. Then toss in the freezer to set it up and harden.
Step 3: Assemble part of your s’mores, and then microwave for a few seconds. The marshmallow will begin to swell up a bit as it heats. I found that 15 seconds worked great.
Step 4: Top with the other graham cracker, press down a bit to smash and then devour your homemade treat. So easy, quick and downright tasty!
What If I Don’t Want To Use Microwave
If you are not a fan of the microwave, use your oven. Just turn the oven to 350 degrees. Then assemble with one graham cracker, chocolate, and top with a marshmallow. Then place on a baking sheet and heat for just a minute or two.
Let the marshmallow kind of warm-up, and then remove, top with the other graham cracker, and enjoy!
As always just be cautious of how hot the marshmallow or chocolate can be, so if need be let it sit for a few minutes before eating.
Enjoy These S’mores Anytime!
If you don’t want to cook them all at once, just store the extra chocolate pieces in the fridge, freezer, or even on the counter. Then assemble a s’mores whenever you get to craving.
Interested in More Tie-Dye Fun
- Tie Dye Art With Baby Wipes
- Sharpie Tie Dye Shoes
- Tie Dye Foam Sensory Play
- Colorful Tie Dye Cloud Dough
We love tie-dye crafts, so you will find a lot of them here. Look around, and enjoy all the fun stuff.
- Graham Crackers
- Large Marshmallows
- Candy Melts, Assorted Colors
- Melt each color of candy melts in a different disposable pastry bag in the microwave.
- The cook time will depend on your microwave, but I always heat candy melts by 30-second increments. In between heating, knead the pastry bag with your fingers to mix the melting candy melts. Cut the end off each pastry bag and pipe a graham cracker-sized square onto wax paper.
- With the other colors of candy melts, pipe swirling tie-dye shapes. Using a
toothpick, swirl the colors together to achieve a more tie-dye effect.
- Cool in the freezer for 10 minutes or until solid. If desired, cut the edges perfectly square with a knife.
- To assemble the s’more, place a graham cracker on a microwave-safe plate, add a square of tie-dye bark, put a marshmallow on top and microwave for 15 seconds, or until the marshmallow doubles its size.
- Remove from microwave and place the other half of the graham cracker on top, gently pressing the melted marshmallow down. Tip: wait a couple of minutes before eating so the marshmallow has a chance to cool and it will not be as sticky.
A great make ahead dessert!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g