Grab that cookie press and whip up a batch or two of these incredible Easter Spritz Cookies! A cream cheese spritz cookie that is so buttery, rich, and melts in your mouth. A simple cookie recipe that you will want to make over and over again.
Easter is almost here, so that means cookies galore along with sweet treats. If you are wanting a fun cookie to serve up, these simple but creative cookies will win anyone over with one bite.
Easter Spritz Cookies
What Is The Best Cookie Press To Use For Spritz Cookies
There are so many kinds of cookie presses you can buy. I have a few that are great reviews and highly rated that you can snag. For a more affordable option you can buy this, Wilton Cookie press has over 2,500 reviews and a 4 1/2 star rating. Or for a bit more money you can buy a higher quality cookie press as well.
How to Make Spritz Easter Cookies
Whip Up Cookie Batter | Follow the directions in the recipe card to whip up this ultra-creamy and buttery cookie dough batter. The aroma of the raw dough is so delicious, you know the cookies are gonna be dynamite.
Fill Cookie Press and Place On Cookie Pan | Now you will add your cookie dough into the container, and use it to press the spritz cookie shape onto a greased or silicone lined pan.
Top Cookie with M&M | Once the cookies are baked up, you will press the M&M in the center of each cookie. This is a fun and creative spring look. I used the Easter M&M’s so they have fun pastel colors.
Once your cookies are baked and cooled you can store these cookies, can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days. Or you can place any leftovers in the freezer bag or container and freezer 3-4 months.
Then just thaw at room temperature before eating.
Variations To Easter Cookies
- Add a dollop of frosting in the center with some sprinkles.
- Consider adding food coloring to the batter to make colored cookies.
- Use different shapes to make your cookies.
- Dip the bottom of cookies in white chocolate and then roll around in sprinkles for more color
Can I Make These Cookies In Advance
I would recommend making these cookies only 24 hours in advance of when you plan to eat it. Otherwise, you will find the cookies can dry out a bit. Just allow the cookies to fully cool, then transfer into an airtight container.
More Cookie Recipes
- Cake Mix M&M Cookies In A Jar
- 3 Ingredient Cake Batter Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Milano Cookie Balls
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 sticks butter, cold
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup Easter M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put two cookie sheets into the fridge to chill. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Add sugar and beat 2 minutes until fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla and almond extract and mix well. Add flour 1 cup at a time and keep mixing until it forms a dough.
- Fill cookie press with dough and press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden around the bottom outside edges.
- Remove from oven and press an Easter M&M into the center of each flower. It’s important to complete this last step quickly or the cookie will harden and will crack when the M&M is pressed down!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g