Chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie batter, and peanut butter cups collide in these Peanut Butter Cup Brookies! This is one easy and quick dessert to whip up and serve your family or a crowd. Brookies are a must make, and this version is delicious.
Peanut Butter Cup Brookies
These are a great bake sale dessert, cookie swap, or weekday dessert. Give these brookies cookie brownie cups a try. The kids loved the layers of flavor in this dessert.
Can I Make Homemade Brownies For This Recipe
Yes! You are more than welcome to skip using a boxed brownie mix and make a homemade brownie batter. I just really wanted to simplify this recipe and make it so easy to whip up.
But if you want, buy any of your favorite brownie mix and use.
The same goes for the cookie dough portion. You can use a sugar cookie batter or chocolate chip cookie. I would even venture out and try a peanut butter cookie batter as well.
How To Know When Brookie Cupcakes Are Done
You will know when your cupcakes are done by sticking a toothpick in. Then if the toothpick comes out clean, your brookies are done. Just make sure to not stick it into the peanut butter cup portion or it will be a melted chocolate mixture on the toothpick.
Looking for More Brownie or Cookie Recipes
- Strawberry Brownies | Here you can make a strawberry based brownie that is loaded with sweet strawberry flavor in every single bite.
- Microwave Brownies | Grab your mixture and whip up a brownie that cooks in 90 seconds in your handy dandy microwave. A quick and single-serve dessert.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies | Check out these cookie recipes. This is a great recipe that gives you these sweet cookies to serve up your family or friends.
- Fluffernutter Cookies | Here you have peanut butter and marshmallow cookie that is gooey and finger-licking good.
Storing These Brookies
You are welcome to store these brookies on the counter in a proper container. Or if you want to toss in the fridge and place in an airtight container or bag.
Do These Freeze Well
These brookie cupcakes do freeze well. Just allow them to fully cool and then transfer them into a freezer container. Then store for up to three months in the freezer.
Then when you are ready to thaw on the counter or place in the fridge for a slow thaw.
- 1 (10oz) bag of brownie mix
- Oil according to how much is called for in the brand of mix you are using
- 1 Egg
- 1 (6 pack) of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (12 cups total)
- 16oz of refrigerated cookie dough
- 12 Cupcake Liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Insert a cupcake liner into each slot on the muffin tin and fill each 1/3 of the way with cookie dough, pressed down gently.
- Place a peanut butter cup face down on top of the cookie dough. Make brownie batter according to package and distribute evenly between the 12 muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until brownie batter looks completely baked. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Then once ready serve up these easy peanut butter cup brookies!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 5g