4 ingredients and just a few minutes are all you need to make up this peppermint whipped hot chocolate. Tons of flavor in every decadent sip. If you are a fan of Dalgona coffee, then try my Dalgona hot chocolate!
Peppermint Whipped Hot Chocolate
If you love hot chocolate this is one recipe you might want to make a lot this fall and winter. I love mint and hot chocolate together, the flavors just work well!
What Do I Need For This Recipe
Powdered Hot Chocolate – You can make your own, or buy. Any brand will work. Since you are flavoring peppermint I recommend just a plain hot chocolate mix instead of a flavored mixture.
Heavy Whipping Cream | This is going to help give a nice richness and creamy texture to the hot chocolate drink. Whip this up and sip away!
Chocolate Mix | I just used store-bought chocolate milk, but you can use a dairy alternative if you need to have that.
Peppermint Extract | Peppermint extract is going to give you that warm sweet and peppermint flavor to your hot chocolate! Whip this up in no time!
Ways To Top Your Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Add a dollop of whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Chocolate Shavings
- Sprinkle of cocoa
- Mini Marshmallows
There are so many ways you can dress up your whipped hot chocolate. Have fun and get creative.
Can I Double This Recipe
Go right ahead and make as much or as little as you would want. The biggest thing is if you make a lot make sure to keep the whipped topping chilled in the fridge so that it stores well and doesn’t fall flat.
Then make up drinks as you go, so the whip stays nice and fluffy on top.
Want More Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Nutella Whipped Hot Chocolate
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Caramel White Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- 2 TBSP Powdered Hot Chocolate Mix
- 5 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Chocolate Milk
- 8 drops of Peppermint Extract
- Optional: Marshmallows, Peppermint, Chocolate Shavings
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, hot
chocolate mix, and four drops of peppermint extract.
- Whisk or beat with a mixer until the consistency is fluffy.
- Heat chocolate milk in the microwave for 1-2 minutes depending on your microwave wattage and how hot you prefer your beverage. (For
younger children, you might want to make warm chocolate instead of hot
chocolate!) Add a few drops of peppermint extract.
- Spoon the whipped chocolate on top of the chocolate milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 845Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 5gSugar: 75gProtein: 15g